This delicious healthy dessert fruity walnut phirni has got many healthbenefits as it contains heart friendly food like walnuts, fruits and brown rice. This healthy dessert is a good option to try for heart patients.
- Low Fat Milk: 1glass
- Brown Rice: 1tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Chopped Walnuts: 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: ¼ tsp
- Chopped Fruits: ½ cup (strawberries, chikoo/sapota, apples)
- Soak the brown rice for ½ hour. Drain the water and blend it to a smooth paste with ½ glass of milk.
- Boil remaining milk in heavy bottomed pan, remove from flame, add brown rice paste and keep stirring.
- Again keep it on fire. Now cook it on low flame for 5-10 minutes till it gets thick.
- Now add sugar, chopped walnuts, cardamom powder to it and remove from flame.
- Keep it aside and cool.
- Take medium size glass or bowl, place chopped fruits at the bottom of each glass.
- Top it with a Phirni. Garnish with a chopped almonds and fruits and fridge till serving time.