Date(s) - 20/03/2015
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
‘Just for Hearts’ organized an awareness programme on ‘Swine Flu’ for the employees of Creative Synergies, Pune. The programme was held on 20th March 2015. The expert explained that Swine Flu (H1N1) is a respiratory disease which is caused by influenza viruses that infect the respiratory tract, resulting in nasal secretion, a barking cough, decrease in appetite, and lethargic behavior. Swine flu produces most of the same symptoms in pigs as human flu produces in people. The expert also suggested important measures that will help in preventing swine flu and limit its spread.
The important measures for prevention of swine flu include:
- Stay home if you're sick. If you are infected with swine flu (H1N1) , its infection can spread to others initially about 24 hours before you develop symptoms and ending about seven days later.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently using soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose whenever you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid contact by staying away from crowds if possible.
- If a member of your household has swine flu, designate only one household member to be responsible for the ill person's personal care.