When it comes to weight loss, the first thing which comes in our mind is to cut down on calories or to have low calorie meal. This is definitely true that to lose weight you need to cut down on calories, decrease food intake and increase your output that means to exercise more and burn more calories. But the biggest question which comes into mind is how to cut down on calories, what are low calorie food, how to replace high calorie foods with low calorie foods. Low calorie food is not only having fruits and veggies, making small changes in your daily diet will reduce your calorie intake and you can still enjoy your low cal food happily.
Let’s have a look on easy tips to cut down on calories:
- Have a glass of water 15 minutes before every meal, this will help you to reduce your food intake and cut down on your calories.
- Start your meal with a bowl of salad, soup or buttermilk. It will keep you full and reduce your calorie intake.
- Eat every 3 hourly. This will help you to have small meals every time, as more gaps between two meals will ultimately result in more food intake in next meal.
- Use less oil in cooking as oil is the richest source of calorie. 1 gram of oil gives you 9 k.cal. That means even if you have 1 teaspoon of oil you will get 45k.cal at a time. You can use 3-4 teaspoon of oil every day as that much is essential for your body.
- Avoid fried food, like bajiya’s, samosa’s, chips, pakora’s, as they are high in calories. Instead of that have grilled, steamed, baked food.
- While eating out choose plain naan or roti instead of having butter naan.
- Avoid sugary foods like sweets, chocolates as they contain sugar as well as fats which give you more calories.
- Instead of using sugar make use of fruits, fruit juices to make your desserts sweet.
- Use cow’s milk or low fat milk instead of buffalo’s milk as it is high in fat. Even if you are using cow’s milk boil it and remove its cream so that you it will be more beneficial for you.
- Avoid using bakery products, even if they are baked, they contain margarine, butter in it as they are also high in calories.
Try out these easy tips to cut down on calories and lose weight smartly!