Easy lunch idea:
Your vocation determines your health, these days. More your work is sedentary, increased are the chances of you gaining weight along with associated health risks. Although we all choose our profession, we may not be able to be selective about the hours of work as well as the commute involved. Time crunch, preoccupied mind, and hyperactive office politics may tax our well being.
Wellness in corporate life is our objective and keeping with the theme, we shall today discuss something that we CAN control. Our Lunch! Not the work environment.
You are what you eat. Isn’t it? Then why not choose wisely? Your meals should be customized to your line of work.
If you are involved with a client-facing job or a profile involving endless brainstorming sessions, meals may be the most neglected entities of your day. Having said that, you can make most of this ‘no time for lunch’ phase by actually having power-packed smoothies other than the usual grubs. Wouldn’t it be nice to carry small bottles of smoothies and boxed salads and fruits and have a quick bite whenever possible?
Easy lunch idea:
Invest in a micro to-go icebox. Purchase, mason jars and smoothie bottles. Freeze ice in small water bottles overnight. You can pack yogurt, fruits, salad, and smoothies in this icebox and keep frozen water bottle inside to keep it all. Just keep sipping and munching as and when you find a few minutes.
Spread out your lunch. That is the objective. Graze along instead of eating ‘A’ big meal.
This will help keep your energy levels ‘up’ and also reduce bloating. Quite likely you may start getting in shape without the fatigue and reduced hunger pangs.
Some Fun Recipes For You That Are Convenient To Prepare And Healthy:
- Boiled Corn Salad: Steam corn kernels and cool. Dice up bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers. Store all of this in a Mason jar or good container; add lemon juice, coriander leaves, rock salt to taste. You may prepare this overnight and refrigerate it. Carry it to work the next day.
- Paneer Chaat: Cut fresh paneer/cottage cheese into chunks. Add diced onions and tomatoes. Mix homemade mint coriander chutney in this salad and a quick wholesome lunch snack is ready. Paneer can be replaced with tofu.
- Fruit Curd: Boil potatoes and cool. Dice them and add to thickly whipped curd. Add diced apples or pears. Some pomegranate, grapes or strawberries. Sprinkle rock salt, roasted cumin powder as well as crushed peanuts. Makes a great cold lunch which is antioxidant-rich.
- Boiled Peanuts Masala: Boil peanuts, cool them, add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, peppers and garnish with lemon dressing. A calorie-dense crunchy anytime snack.
- Zing Thing: Largely cut chunks of fresh papaya, pineapple, and coconut. Just carry the fruit mix in a cool box with a pinch of grated ginger and a dash of honey. Have this with a drink of coco jal or tender coconut water or lemonade anytime during noon.
Your lunch can now be the talk of the office if you just put some thought packing it up creatively. Invest in good meal boxes, a nice carry bag and try innovative cooking. I hope you like these suggestions and now motivated to prepare as well as eat a ‘Fun LUNCH @ Work’; however busy you may be.
Easy lunch idea: