Women living with PCOD might feel disheartening due to the taxing challenges of disease. But its important not to lose optimism! Now it is been proven that those who manage their problem with positive attitude and healthy lifestyle change, can overcome these challenges.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is definitely not a difficult task to follow, you just need a strong determination and self-belief and you can win this PCOD encounter.
To help you in your journey with PCOD, here are some Do’s and Don’t:
1. Follow healthy eating pattern: Diet low in carbohydrates, low fat and moderate protein with plenty of fibers is a boon for women with PCOD. Dietary habits if maintained properly can help you to maintain your weight and blood sugar status and eventually maintain PCOD status. Have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and have good quality proteins regularly and have a word with your dietitian to get a correct plan suitable to you.
2. Pull up your exercise shoes: Daily exercise for minimum of 45-50 minutes is an integral part of healthy lifestyle. Daily exercise reduces the calorie deposition and thus aids in your weight loss efforts. Also another advantage of exercise is that it increases insulin sensitivity and thus improves the insulin intolerance status. Avoid being a Couch Potato and Gear up to see yourself fit.
3. Avoid engaging in stimulants:Unfavorable health habits such as alcohol consumption, or smoking on regular basis not only affects your fitness level but also increase your risk for conditions like heart disease or stroke or Diabetes. And your risk doubles when you are already affected with PCOD. So avoid these unhealthy habits.
4. Visit your Doctor regularly: It is very important to visit your doctor frequently after given intervals and get yourself checked. This will not only maintain your PCOD status and help you to stay symptom free but also it will monitor you for complications and protect you from various disorders.
5. Positive Attitude about yourself: Most of the times due to various symptoms of PCOD women may feel depressed or emotionally low or may have a low self-esteem. Difficulty in losing weight seems to be another problem. But relax girls. Positive attitude and acceptance of situation can improve your will-power and make you feel good from inside. This can really help you to improve your physical health.
6. Don’t ignore any of the symptoms: Due to advancement in the medical field every symptoms of PCOD has a treatment available. SO don’t at all think in a way that this is something you have to carry or deal with. A small symptom can bring about a major problem. SO don’t ignore any symptom and immediately communicate it with your doctor.
7. Find support groups: Finding PCOD support groups can make you feel better that you are not the only girl affected with the problem. These support groups can really bring about a positive change in your mindset, your outlook towards your condition and about yourself. Do not feel shy to share your experiences with other girls in these groups. They can surely make you feel good and when you are feeling down.
8. Follow the treatment given: it is very important to regularly follow the treatment suggested by your doctor to maintain your health and manage your symptoms. Don’t feel shy to communicate minute details with your doctor, he is the person who can help you out with your condition.