lactating women, Every woman’s most favourite period of life is when she becomes a ‘mother’. Motherhood completes the term women hence it’s crucially important to take extra care during lactation for both mother and baby.
Energy, proteins, good fats, calcium, iron, vitamin-A, vitamin-B, vitamin-C are the top most essential nutrients one must take care during breastfeeding.
Diet tips for lactating women
- Lactating mother’s nutritional requirement should be met with her daily diet
- Should provide enough nutrients for the growing infants
- Should look and cater to the milk production
- Nutritional requirement are maximum during lactation compared to any other age group in a women’s life hence the diet should be balanced and meet the requirement.
- The diet can include lactogogues which stimulate the production of milk. Garlic, milk, almonds and garden cress seeds are considered to increase the milk production in certain regions of India.
- Weight gain beyond the desired for body size, should be avoided. When the baby is weaned, the mother must reduce her food intake in order to avoid obesity.
||Nuts and milk are rich in good fat and helps in milk production, concentrated foods helps in meeting the increased requirements|
||Good for digestion and promotes milk production|
|Soups and rasam||Appetizers and helps in digestion and satiating|