Diabetes-friendly walnut and apple kheer is nice option to try for dessert. As it contains apple, walnuts it is healthy for diabetics as well as heart patients.
- ½ cup chopped apples
- 2 ½ cups low fat milk
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts (akhrod)for garnishing
- Combine the apples with 3 tbsp of water in a non stick pan and cook over a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stir continuously. Remove from flame and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Add milk in deep non-stick pan. Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cooked apples to the milk and mix gently.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve chilled.