This tasty diabetes friendly mixed veggie rice is good option to try for dinner or lunch for diabetic people. As it contains brown rice, mixed vegetables, it is rich in fibers and does not allow blood sugar to rise quickly.
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped beans
- 1 cup capsicum florets
- 1 cup small paneer cubes
- ½ cup peeled pomegranate
- 6 Black grapes sliced into 2
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin seeds till they start to sputter.
- Add brown rice and pour 1 ½ cups of water. Cook rice on low heat for half an hour or till tender.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add chopped vegetables and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chop the fruits into small pieces and keep aside.
- Mix cooked rice, sautéed vegetables and chopped fruit pieces well together. Cook it in a pan till heated. Do not stir or mix too much let the rice breaks and the fruit becomes pulpy. Sprinkle fresh lime juice once rice is done.
- Add salt to taste. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.