Dates Almond Ladoo look like chocolate balls and are loved by kids. As dates are sticky, make sure you clean teeth of the kid thoroughly after eating these ladoo.
Ingredients for dates almond ladoo
- Dates – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Desiccated coconut- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Deseed and chop dates roughly.
- Grind the almonds in a blender along with cardamom powder to a coarse powder.
- Add chopped dates to a blender and give a run so that dates get mixed with powdered almonds.
- Add a tbsp of ghee in a pan, add dates almond mix and fry it in low flame for 2-3 minutes or until the dates is soft. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- When the mixture is still warm, start making balls.
- After making balls, roll each ball in desiccated coconut if desired. The tasty dates almond balls are ready!
NOTE: Not to store in the fridge as they tend to get hard
Dates and almond balls are rich in iron, calcium and dietary fibres. The best part is this recipe is easy to prepare without adding any sugar. Its soft and chewy texture is loved by all the kids. You can prepare it in large batch and can store in an airtight container to enjoy in between meals or to send to school in short break tiffin box.