These days there is a lot of buzz about stress @work. But does it really related to our work culture, our behaviour or is just a craze? As per the dictionary meaning, stress is the physical, mental or chemical factor which causes bodily or mental tension. There are various reasons for stress. In my daily interaction with a client, I feel more than excess work people have stress due to not liking the work they are doing, issues in personal relationships, irregular eating patterns and lack of exercise.
Many time I client does come with complaints such as low energy levels, lack of appetite, feeling drowsy in the evening, reduce sex drive, inability to walk for 15-20 mins at a stretch…These are common complaints beside WEIGHT issue. We always say, it is a vicious cycle. Weight issues will affect mental, physical health of an individual. Being overweight or obese is not good for health at the same time being underweight is not good too. In today’s time, we have money but less of health. May because of that we are unable to enjoy living our daily life. If you are willing to improve your life get 25 ultimate weight loss tips instantly.
As per business insider magazine, there are few jobs in India which are actually stressful for a person. Jobs such as taxi driver, police office, Media reporter, corporate executives, and event managers have more stressful job. As it is mentioned by Robin Sharma in his books, stress was there in our previous generations, but they used to get timely sabbatical. The break from work is required. This break does not mean going on a vacation but to relax your mind.
I have seen small changes in eating pattern make lot of difference in overall life. I am not talking about NUTRITION or supplements for better life, but a balanced plan to achieve daily requirements. Taking small and frequent meals make a lot of difference in energy levels. As they say, it matter WHAT and WHEN your eating are is IMP. If you are thinking about your meal planning do go through these suggestions by Just for Hearts Dieticians:
Well, corporate job can be stressful for any reason but you have to be stubborn to lead life in a healthy way. If you decide to make simple and steady changes in your lifestyle you will be able to take control of stress. Few of the easy things which work my clients (who are too busy in corporate jobs)
- Get up 20 mins early in the morning. Whatever is your shift duty, do get up 20 mins early in the morning.
- Go for walk, do meditation, yoga or surynamaskar.
- Do not skip your meal before leaving the house. Discuss with your Dietician about your meal choices and make sure you eat it and then leave for the day.
- Always keep one fresh fruit, roasted chana and nuts in a bag. In a crisis (when you feel most hungry) these things will help you. So, you can stay away from JUNK FOOD.
- Whatever time you get your main meal – lunch, make sure after every 4 hrs you eat something (from food which you are carrying with you) It boosts your energy.
- End your day with glass of milk. It will help you in falling asleep as well as cleaning bowels.
Get started with a few of the tips to manage your stress levels. Let me know if you get a good or bad experience. Will be happy resolving your queries.