Addiction is something in which people having an addiction do not have control over what they are doing, taking or using. This addiction if not controlled at risk stage then it may cause harmful effects to your body. Addictions may be of anything. It may include drugs or alcohols but it may also include some other substances known as behavioral addictions. We can control the substance dependent addictions (for example alcohol or drug addiction) naturally with some effective techniques.
- First of all will power is most important to get rid of addictions for the first seven days and keep on doing that for healthy lifestyle.
- To prevent the addictions of smoking, one can use a replacement method to deal with the adverse effects of nicotine present in smoking materials. We can use alternatives like chewing gum and crunchy foods like carrots, apples etc.
- Exercising regularly can replace the existing habit of any kind of addictions. Exercise is a medium to achieve a healthy life style and get rid of addictions.
- To get rid of alcohol addiction, we should include healthy diet, drink lots of water so that our body will not suffer from dehydration and take plenty of rest.
- We should take moderate amount of required sleep, because if the body is healthy then it will become easy to deal with the withdrawal of addictions.
- Seasame oil plays an effective role in withdrawal of addictions. One tablespoon of seasame oil each morning will clear all the craving for any kind of addictions such as drugs, alcohols or smoking etc.
- Licorice is also considered to be effective to replace the habit of smoking. It helps in relieving the stress. Chew a piece of licorice when you feel urge for smoking.