Chickpeas fritter is a nutritious recipe containing good amount of proteins. It is a good substitute for junk foods given in short break.
Ingredients for chickpeas fritter:
- Chickpeas soaked – 100g
- Rolled oats – 1/4 Cup
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Capsicum and onions (chopped finely) – ¼ cup
- Grated cheese – 30g
- Grated paneer – 50 g
- Water – 2/3 Cup
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Salt, Chilli flakes, Lemon juice (to taste)
Serves: 2 (Makes 8 pieces; Serving size: 4 pieces)
- Soak chickpeas overnight at least for 8-10 hours. Rinse and drain the soaked chickpeas.
- Place the soaked chickpeas in a food processor, blend until they are smooth, form a ball.
- Add rolled oats, continue to blend until the oats are finely mixed into the chickpeas.
- Once the batter is ready, add chopped vegetables, grated paneer and seasoning to taste.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan and grease the fry pan with oil or butter.
- Pour the batter into fry pan, use a spatula to spread it evenly making into small fritters.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, flip the fritters, and cook for a further 3 minutes add
- oil if required.
- Top with the grated cheese.
The tiffins given to kids are not elaborate. The main component usually missed out is proteins as dal can get messy in the tiffin and kids do not usually prefer spouts. Chickpeas are great source of proteins and fiber. Oats are a good source of soluble fiber beta glucan. Vegetables added provide vitamins and antioxidants.