Cheesy Corn Grilled Sandwich is a protein rich variety of regular sandwich. The ingredients make it colourful and attractive.
Ingredients for Cheesy Corn Grilled Sandwich:
- Grated cheese – 1/4 cup (3 tbsp)
- Coarsely crushed sweet corn -1/2 cup
- Whole wheat bread slices – 6
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Chopped onions, coloured capsicum, tomatoes – 1/4 cup each
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add chopped onion, coloured capsicum and green chillies. Sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sweet corn, tomato, cheese, salt and mustard powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Apply 1 tsp of butter on each bread slice and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice in a pre¬heated sandwich griller with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Spread a portion of the corn mixture and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Grill the sandwich for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Make total 3 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces and serve.
This can be an option for breakfast or for short tiffin. It is rich in fibers, energy dense, filling and liked by kids.