Sometimes kids demand sweets in the tiffin. Channa Dal Katli is a nutritious option to be given on such occasional demands.
- Channa Dal – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice-1/3 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Kesar Strands- 1-2
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
Serves -1 (2 portions)
- Soak the channa dal overnight in luke warm water.
- Drain the water, grind the dal fine & prepare batter with required consistency of water.
- Mix sugar, kesar strands 1/3 cup water in a pan to make the syrup.
- Bring it to boil. Filter it through muslin cloth.
- Add the channa dal paste, lemon juice & ghee.
- Stir continuously till it leaves the pan.
- Pour the mixture on to the greased tray. flatten
- Cut into pieces of desired shape when cool.
- Add cardamom powder. Channa Dal Burfi is ready to be relished.
Easy to make nutritious recipe for short break. It is rich in proteins and calorie dense.