Cauliflower Greens Paratha is a healthier alternative to aloo paratha or plain paratha. Interesting shapes, colours, tiffins, cutlery can be used to add some fun factor. These parathas can be rolled and eaten as a finger food too.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Greens Paratha:
- Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
- Bajra, nachni and soya flour 2 tbsp each
- Almond flour – 2 tbsp
- Raosted and powdered flax seeds – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped cauliflower greens – 1/3 cup
- Finely chopped coriander-2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Ginger green chilli paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste, ghee for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead the dough using water as required. Cover and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Knead it again using some oil and divide it into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion in to a round paratha and use different shaped moulds (vati, cookie cutters, lids etc) to cut it into shapes.
- Roast the paratha on a tawa using some ghee. Cook till both sides turn light pink in colour. Serve hot.
A multigrain delicacy that sums up the requirement of all macros and micros for the kid. Adding calcium rich cauliflower greens and good fatty acids from ghee makes it a nutritious tiffin treat. A good dose of carbohydrates along with B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron and fibre fills up the tiny stomach along with any nutritional gap.
The trick of adding flax seeds powder, almond flour and sesame seeds works thereby increasing the nutritional quotient of the parathas.