Coping with the busy, stressful lifestyle has definitely taken a toll on your Heart Health. Many recent studies show that due to regular consumption of greasy and spicy food, hectic work schedules, tight deadlines and stress people in their early 30’s develop Heart Disease and other Lifestyle diseases. Thus, being the vital organ of our body you should be really careful about Heart Health.
Getting regular exercise, avoid smoking, having healthy food, maintaining your meal timings are some ways to keep your heart young. When it comes to having healthy food, many of them get confuse where to start from? A diet consisting of Water, Whole grains, all vegetables and fruits, functional foods like garlic, flaxseeds, oats, etc and a low fat is healthy for your heart. Adding these super-foods on your menu will help you keep your heart healthy.
- Oatmeal: Loaded with soluble fiber, magnesium, potassium hot oatmeal is a treat for your heart. Daily having oatmeal as your breakfast lowers your cholesterol levels.
- Flaxseeds: Being listed as one of the functional foods, flaxseeds provide healthy fat to your heart. It is one of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Nuts (Almonds and Walnuts): Including almonds and walnuts daily in your diet is beneficial. It provides omega 3 fatty acids (good fat), fiber, potassium, vitamin E which keeps your heart healthy.
- Salmon: Salmon is loaded with omega 3 fatty acids which show wonders on heart health. Including salmon at least twice a week on your menu proves helpful. Opt for grilled or steamed instead of fried.
- Red wine: Red wine contains Catechins and Resveratrol (flavonoids). Having a glass of red wine, helps improve your “good” cholesterol (HDL). Cheers!!
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the best heart health food. It helps reduce the “Bad” cholesterol. Having 2 cloves of raw garlic is useful. Garlic has maximum effect when less processed.
- Fruits and Vegetables: All fruits and Vegetables are best sources of fiber. Fiber helps to lower your cholesterol levels improving your heart’s health.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate contains Resveratrol (flavonoids). It also lowers your blood pressure. Remember to choose dark chocolate with 70% cocoa or more.
- Brown Rice: Packed with fiber, B complex vitamins, magnesium, brown rice makes your heart young. Prefer having brown rice or unpolished rich over white rice.
- Soybean: Soybean and product contains isoflavonoids, B complex vitamins, fiber, proteins, folate, and calcium. It helps increase the good cholesterol levels making your heart healthy.