During pregnancy women experience many changes. Not only the body changes, but the hormonal variations cause number of emotional changes. Sometimes it takes a while to adapt to these changes as they happen so fast. In our today’s post, I’ll talk about the many benefits of yoga during pregnancy.
The yoga is a traditional discipline to help you find the balance between mind and body. It allows better understanding of changes in the body and live them fully. A good diet during pregnancy is also very essential along with yoga.
Yoga during pregnancy is a suitable exercise for all pregnant ladies, but it is important to consult your doctor before you start, especially if your body is not used to exercise.
During the first trimester following poses would promote relaxation:
- Pigeon Pose
- Wheel Pose
During the second trimester the exercises should aim to relax your back to prevent sciatica problems arising from the tensions that occur in the lower back area:
- Warrior Position
- Cat Pose
- Triangle Position
And during the last trimester, as it approaches the time of delivery, the exercises are geared to relaxation and to a correct breathing:
- Pigeon Pose
- Posture Goddess
The benefits of yoga are not only physical; they also help in the psychological and emotional level:
- Yoga improves flexibility and provides elasticity to your muscles.
- Stimulates blood circulation, which helps prevent varicose veins or edema.
- Improves breathing favoring the oxygenation of the blood.
- Helps improve the center of balance, strengthens the spine and improves posture. Yoga helps to distribute the weight and stretch your back well.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- It strengthens the pelvic floor, which will help during the time of delivery.
- Relieves stomach upset and heartburn
- It helps control breathing
All postures mentioned above will allow a faster recovery after the delivery.
Pregnancy is a perfect time to practice yoga.
Firstly, you need to strengthen yourself and be relaxed during delivery. The recognition of these emotions and the psychological processes that are associated makes us find it easier to deal with this new stage. So, don’t set goals or expectations, just learn to live and enjoy what’s in each stage. Your body is perfectly designed for this process; I just would like to tell you that enjoy this wonderful moment and open to this transformative experience which will give you the strength and security that you need when your baby is born.
In summary, following are the specific objectives of yoga during pregnancy:
- Improve the breathing
- Release tension
- Promote blood circulation in the lower body
- Prepare the birth canal
- Experience the soothing effects of breathing on the nervous system and emotional level
- Promote emotional connection between the mother and baby
- Address and enjoy what is in each moment!
Discuss with our Expert if you have any query related pregnancy care :