Beetroot paratha is a good alternative for aloo paratha. When eaten with curd mint dip, it becomes a complete and balanced meal.
Ingredients (for beetroot parantha)
- Wheat flour- 3 tbsp
- Beetroot- 1 small sized
- Oil / ghee-1 tsp
- Salt -to taste
Serves-1 (2 paranthas)
- Wash, peel, chop & pressure cook one small sized beetroot in little quantity of water for 5 minutes. Grind to a paste.
- Mix beetroot paste in wheat flour to make dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll dough into shape of chappati.
- Transfer to tava and roast parantha on medium flame after applying oil / ghee.
- Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Crispy crimson colour parantha is ready!
Ingredients (for curd mint dip)
- Hung curd – 1/3 katori
- Mint leaves – 8-10
- Black Salt – a pinch
- Castor sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera powder – a pinch
- Hung the curd in muslin cloth to remove whey water.
- Wash mint leaves & grind to a paste
- Beat the curds & add mint paste, salt and jeera powder.
Beetroot paratha is attractive in colour and appealing recipe for kids. It is filling as well as nutritious. Raita adds proteins and probiotics. Mint leaves aid digestion.