Antioxidant-rich lunch salad is a great recipe for weight watchers and can be used as a replacement for lunch (or nay particular meal). It is easy to make with little pre-preparation. Tastewise also it is too good as it has a combination of different tastes such as savory, salty, sweet and sour!
Ingredients for antioxidant-rich lunch salad:
- Half cup cabbage: finely chopped
- ¼ cup any type of sprouts (sprouted matki/moong/ chawli )
- ½ cup boiled whole masoor dal
- ¼ cup capsicum
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- ¼ cup chopped mushroom (sauted)
- ½ tbsp low-fat cheese – grated
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup broccoli (slightly boiled)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- Salt to taste
Method for antioxidant-rich lunch salad:
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly before chopping.
- Chopp them finely.
- Boil whole masoor/dal and saute chopped mushrooms.
- Mix all ingredients, sprinkle lime juice and add salt to taste.
- The dish is ready to serve!
Nutritional benefits of antioxidant-rich lunch salad:
- This salad is rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin A and flavonoids.
- It is refreshing, the antioxidants help remove toxins out of the body.
- It also contains a good amount of proteins as dal, sprouts, and cheese is added.
- It keeps you full for longer as it is rich in fibers.