Hypothyroidism is an epidemic or a disease in which many people get trapped. Statistics shows that 1 in 50 women and 1 in 1000 men get affected by Hypothyrodism. 90%of people with hypothyroidism have Hashimoto, an autoimmune hypothyroid condition.
Some of the common symptoms associated with Hypothyroidism are fatigue, dry skin, puffiness over face, hoarseness of voice, sudden weight gain etc. Focusing only on medication cannot treat hypothyroidism but there is need to focus the main cause that is imbalance in the immunity level which can be well done by alternative treatment.
Here are some ways to deal with hypothyroidism:
- Make dietary changes: Strict diet habits should be incorporated, as well as strict food timings must be maintained, Include more of high protein diet more fruits and vegetables. Avoiding oily, junk food completely will help.
- Use of Ginger: Use of Ginger must be increased in daily diet like having ginger tea, use of ginger slices in curries and along with vegetable salads. Ginger has zinc, calcium and also has anti-inflammatory property which improves the thyroid function.
- Essential fats: Natural fats like olive oil, flax seeds, flax seeds oil should be incorporated in daily diet.
- Exercise: Brisk walking, stretching and strengthening exercises should be practiced so as to keep body active.
- Sun exposure: Early sunshine is good for the health. Exposure of the body to sunshine improves thyroid function. Sunrays consists of Vitamin D which plays a key role in maintaining immune system of the body thus normalizing functioning of thyroid gland.
- Stress relief: It is proved that stress is also an added factor for dis functioning of thyroid gland. Hence stress relieving methods like deep breathing, mind relaxing exercises should be practiced.
- Other alternative techniques: Many natural treatment techniques like hydrotherapy, acupuncture, ayurvedic treatment also lead a helping hand in treating hypothyroidism.
These are simple treatment techniques to prevent from Hypothyroidism as well as supportive treatment for people suffering from Hypothyroidism.
Any further queries about hypothyroidism? Drop your query our health forum, we will be happy to resolve them!