It’s really wonderful and amazing opportunity to present a health letter to Mom on the upcoming Mother’s day!
First of all heartiest thanks to you for giving me birth and to show the beautiful world around and for my peaceful, perfect and progressive life. Actually, we three (Me and my two brothers) are very lucky to have a Mom like you in our lives.
All previous Mother’s days, we greeted her with Saree, Jewellery gift or flower bouquets or dinner in a hotel or traveling to her favorite location. These were our limited ways of Mother’s day celebrations till the time. Thank you, Tejas for giving me thought of lifetime memorable way of celebration to write health letter to mother.
Mom, now you are approaching your sixty and by this time you did so many things for us and never thought of yourself. It’s my genuine innocent attempt to write healthy tips for your health in the future, it will be a great pleasure to me if you will follow these tips.
Mom, in your sixties, most likely you will suffer from joint pain, bone pain, muscle weakness, reduced appetite, acidity, indigestion, constipation, urinary infection, blood pressure, and diabetes. Here are the healthiest tips for you-
1) Increase your daily consumption of milk and milk products e.g. yoghurt, buttermilk, paneer, cheese for your bone and muscle health. Add daily 1 tsp of Shatavari, Ashwagandha powder in your glass of milk.
2) Consume daily a handful of dry fruits and nuts like almonds, figs, raisins, pistachio, cashew nuts, walnuts and groundnuts.
3) Add iron-rich food in your meal like jaggery, beetroot, dates, carrots and green leafy vegetables to keep your haemoglobin normal.
4) Being vegetarian, include proteins moong, moth sprouts and beans like chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, peas, moth beans in your daily diet alternatively.
5) Add daily Vitamin C rich fruit like lemon, sweet lime, Orange, Guava, Strawberry, Amla in your diet.
6) Include daily 2-3 tsp of ghee in your diet for better digestion and to avoid dryness of the skin.
7) Drink daily lot of water, fruit juices, kokam lemon sharbat, coconut water and milkshake to avoid dehydration, urinary tract infection and dryness of the skin.
8) Consume daily green leafy vegetables, cabbage and salads like cucumber,onion, tomatoes and lettuce leaves to avoid constipation.
9) Daily after lunch consume 1 tsp of flaxseed and sesame seeds to reduce joint pain.
10) Avoid tea, coffee, outside oily food like Samosa, pav bhaji and fried food.
11) Restrict salt intake by avoiding salty food like chips, salty groundnut, moong dal, farsan.
12) Restrict sweets intake, control to maximum 4- 5 tsp of sugar daily.
13) Do daily yoga, meditation and light exercise like walking in the fresh air.
14) Sit daily in Sun rays at least for 20 minutes to get enough Vitamin D for bones.
15) Last, now for the summer season have mangoes, watermelon, muskmelon, Blackberries, Raspberries to have enough Vitamin A and Antioxidants to boost you lots of immunity.
Take care and Thank you, Mom!