5 Home Remedies to Ease Sore Throat, Winter is the time when sore throat and cold is very common. Most common cause is infection and one usually recovered within a week. During recovery period, following home remedies can help to ease pain and throat irritation.
5 Home Remedies to Ease Sore Throat,
- Salt-Haldi water gargles: Mix half a teaspoon of salt and half a tsp of haldi in 1 glass of hot water and gargle. It loosens mucus in the throat and also helps kill local bacteria.
- Ginger – lemongrass decoction: Add grated ginger and lemon grass to water, add cloves, cinnamon and crushed black peppers to it. Bring this mixture to boil and strain. Enjoy the sips of this drink throughout the day. It gives great relief to throat.
- Soups and broths: Many times swallowing solid food becomes difficult when there is a sore throat. Soups are soothing to throat and they also provide micronutrients essential to fight infection.
- Honey:Honey has some anti-bacterial properties. Mix a tablespoon of honey in 1 cup of warm water and drink 2 to 3 times a day. Do not offer honey to babies less than 1 year age.
- Rest:Take enough rest while you are having sore throat. Rest means rest to body as well as rest to throat (voice). If required, elevate the head of bed to avoid coughing episodes while sleeping. Rest is equivalent to recovery.