10 quick tips to keep Dengue away
The incidence of dengue is increasing day by day. Prevent Dengue fever as it is a viral disease which not only found in rainy seasons but can also found in any season. It is the vector-borne disease transmitted by the bite of Aedes mosquito. It takes around 3-14 days for symptoms to appear.
Typical symptoms of dengue include mild to high fever, severe body ache, headaches and even rashes on the skin. Dengue hemorrhagic fever which causes abdominal pain, vomiting, bleeding is a potentially lethal complication, affecting mainly children.
It is always better to take precautions than treatments. Let’s have a look at Top 10 Tips to Prevent Dengue:
- Keep water vessels clean and covered.
- Do not keep the tray under air conditioners as it can increase the nest of mosquitoes.
- Water in flower vases should be changed daily.
- Always use mosquito repellants.
- Wash unused utensils at least once during the week and keep them dry. Remove water collected in plates under potted plants.
- Clean your walls, edges of the house in the kitchen, comfort room, bathrooms at least once a month.
- Also, check canal and scupper drains where stagnant water builds up.
- Make sure to clean pot plates regularly as they are prone to attract mosquitoes.
- Always use a mosquito net at home. This will help you to protect from mosquito bites.
- Wear protective clothing like a `full pant, full sleeves shirts so that it will keep you away from mosquito bites.
- Apply mosquito repellents on your skin which are generally in lotion form and safe to use too.
- Moreover, drink plenty of water and fluids in a day to keep up your immunity and have healthy protein-rich diet on a daily basis.