Treadmill is an indoor machine which allows you to run on the spot for long distance at any time of day or night. Treadmill is a good choice to begin as a new exercise routine. The treadmill is a relatively easy piece equipment to use.
Advantages to use Treadmill
- With the help of a treadmill, you can ensure that you don’t run too fast or too slow, while in outdoor running you gradually slow down when you get tired.
- Treadmills allow recovery run, this is a run conducted at a slow pace, after intense workout. These runs allow muscles to recover. Setting the pace on the machine helps your muscles recuperate before you start your workout again.
- It gives you an accurate measurement of your workout. Treadmill helps you to judge the pace & distance that you have run but a treadmill also offers complete control over distance that you run & the speed that wish to maintain making it easy to accurately measure the effectiveness of your workout.
- Treadmills come with built-in heart rate monitor allowing you to maintain a desired heart rate.
- Running on a treadmill generally burns calories faster than most other forms of home exercises, such as biking.
- Multiple users can use same equipment without adjusting stature.
- You can exercise on a treadmill while watching television which can help to keep the exercise interesting.
- All aspects can be controlled by user: speed, incline, warm up period, cool down period, etc.
- It provides limited kind of exercise-walking, running, so you might get bored after some time.
- On a treadmill, runner tends to lean forward less, causing wastage of energy.
- Treadmill gives similar benefits as free range running. But there are physical differences, includes lack of wind resistance, changing terrain, running on moving belt, bio-mechanical differences
- When running outside, on uneven surfaces it improves your pre perception ability- your to correct for the effect these types of surface have on muscles & position of your body parts & joints. This is also a very important part of workout.