Corporate Wellness programs are trend and a need of today’s corporate work scenario.
Long hectic working hours, tight deadlines, targets and slouching on chairs for hours has lead the workforce of the recent corporate to lead an erratic lifestyle changing the diet patterns.
Companies that want to attract and retain good workers have leaders who understand the connection between satisfaction and employee health, and believe that workplace wellness is a business strategy.
Benefits of Corporate Wellness Programs
- Conducting biometric testing for your company can be fun and easy.
- Health promotion, health awareness, and health education,
- Motivate employees to monitor their health
- Health screenings have been shown to reduce overall medical expenditure by identifying risk factors and employees that need added health coaching services.
- The Health Risk Assessment is a great tool for assessing an employees inclusion in a health risk category. But HRA results are dependent upon the information given by the patient whereas, biometric results are exact and measurable. Most truly comprehensive personal health assessments include some combination of both testing methods.
The basic screening provides initial insight into your population’s risk factors.
- Height Measurement
- Weight Measurement
- Waist to Hip Ratio Calculation
- Body Composition Analysis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Glucose Measurement fasting (9 – 12 hours) is recommended
- HbA1C screening
- Lipid Profile (ideally 14 hrs of fasting needed)
- Total Cholesterol
- Screening for Heart Disease
- Pre Diabetic Screening / Diabetes Risk Score Calculation
Sessions / Workshops
- Heart Disease Prevention
- Diabetes Prevention
- Smoking Cessation
- Healthy Lifestyle Management
When wellness program reveals an individual to be high-risk, the employee should be encouraged to see a physician for treatment and advice as well as participate in a wellness program.
Screenings are also used widely by insurance companies to assess individual and population risk for premiums and by employers for pre-employment screenings.