Cold and flu is the most common illness seen in humans .Colds and flu always seem to be around the corner in winter. The seasonal changes with the relative humidity and has effect on the prevalence of colds. The most common cold virus survive better when humidity is low-that is the colder months of the year. Cold weather also makes nasal passages drier and more vulnerable to viral infections.
Find out simple tips to stay away from cold and flu this season…
WINTER SAESON IS THE TESTING PERIOD OF YOUR BODY’S IMMUNITY POWER.
- WASH YOUR HANDS-It is the most simplest and effective slogan. Frequent hand washing destroys viruses that are obtained from touching public surfaces, tend to cause infection. It is the single best measure to prevent transmission of cold. Hand sanitizer is also a good option to stay disinfected.
- BUILD UP HEALTHY FOOD-It is hard to eat healthy on regular basis but eating plenty of fruits and vegetables supports immune system and that is a lot easier than fighting flu.Vitamin C foods to be recommended more as it they contain ‘echincea’ which acts as a protector against nasal viral infections.
- REGULAR WORKOUT-Yogic exercises and Pranayama improves the breathing technique and truly improves immune system and helps to withstand infections.Any type of physical activity enhances the immune system which is required to keep body healthy and active.
- HYDRATE YOUR BODY-Boost your body’s immune system by warm health drinks this winter month. Have a lot of warm water,hot soups,green tea, fruit juices etc which improves immune system and keeps body warm.
- GOOD SLEEP-Adequate sleep is required for the body that is complete sleep for 8 to 10 hours which keeps the body fit. Otherwise results in illness, lowered immunity and hence susceptible for all common cold flu infections.
- CONROL STRESS-Research shows that stress is one of the major contributing factor for catching cold and flu infections. Stress hormones causes the thymus to shrink in size causing it poorly to function as producer of immune cells. Relaxation therapies can be useful to keep the body and mind calm.
- GARGLING-Gargling with salt water should be practiced daily especially in the winter season. Salt water reduces the mucous and flushes out the bacteria-viruses which forms a pathway for infections.
- KICK SMOKING-Cigarette smoke irritates the airways and increases susceptibility to cold and other infections.
In short the best way to prevent cold and flu is ‘MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE WITH GOOD NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL EXERCISE,ADEQUATE SLEEP ALL HELP ENSURE THAT YOU BODY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS GOOD ENOUGH TO FIGHT AGAINST INFECTION.’