This Heart Healthy Salad, Fruity Spinach Salad contains many green veggies, fruits and heart friendly foods. This recipe is packed with fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which are essential for good heart health. It also contains olive oil rich in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants which help to reduce risk of heart disease.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Thinly chopped spinach: 1/4th cup
- Thinly Sliced Onions: 1/4th cup
- Broccoli Florets: ¼ cup
- Pomegranate: 3-4 tsp
- Chopped Pineapple: 3-4 tsp
- Mixed Berries: 1/4 cup
- Roasted and Chopped Walnuts: 1 tsp
Ingredients for Dressing:
- Lemon Juice: 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar: 1 tsp
- Olive Oil: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Pineapple juice: 1-2 tsp
- Boil enough water in a container and add broccoli to it and cook for 1 minute. Drain and put it immediately in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain it again and keep it aside.
- Now combine chopped spinach, broccoli, onion, pomegranate, pineapple, mixed berries, and chopped walnuts together in a bowl.
- Add the dressing to it and toss well.
- Place a big spinach leaf in a serving plate and Serve this heart healthy salad on it.