Living a Healthy Lifestyle—is a key towards healthy weight loss. You must be definitely wondering what exactly this ‘HEALTHY LIFESTYLE’ is? In simple words watching on your calorie intake, keep a track of it, making you active is what a Healthy Lifestyle means. If you want to lose weight in a healthy manner with no regain, you need to stick to the plan with continuous motivation and dedication.
We often see people, especially females going on some stupid CRASH/FAD Diets for immediate results. Have you ever given it a thought that are these diets safe for your health? Watching your calorie intake doesn’t mean cutting down on essential nutrients. Your body needs these nutrients to perform day to day activities. Thus, you need to be very careful while going on any kind of diet.
- Make Smart and Healthy food choices instead of skipping your meals.
- You need to have small and frequent meals to avoid extreme hunger. Choose some healthy options for snacks which provide you with least calories and more nutrients. E.g.: Salads, Fruits, Buttermilk, Lemon Juice, Coconut water, etc.
- Never Skip your Breakfast. The word itself says Break the Fast. You need to break 8-9 hours fast. Having Breakfast regularly makes you more active and smarter than breakfast skippers.
- Make friends with SALADS. Your every meal of the day should have minimum one bowl of salad. This increases your fiber intake giving you a feeling of fullness.
- Drink a glass of water 15 minutes before meal. This makes you full reducing your intake.
- Watch your portion sizes. One thing you can do is replace your plates, bowls with smaller ones. This will automatically reduce your intake.
Exercise also is equally important in your weight loss program. Daily exercise for 30min is necessary. Make yourself active by walking, swimming; choose a sport of your choice, jogging, brisk walking and many more. This will help burn your calories.
- Find a buddy or a family member who will accompany you for your exercise. This will help you sustain your exercise regime.
- Park your car away from your destination. Walk down towards it.
- Take stairs instead of the elevators.
- Take a walk after your dinner. Do not immediately sleep after having your food.
- If you travel by bus, get down a stop before and walk towards your destination.
Keep a Track
You should observe yourself, your eating habits, your likes, your dislikes and plan a diet accordingly with the help of your Diet expert.
- Maintain a journal, where you can note down even the smallest thing which you consumed.
- No need to compromise a friend’s party just because you are on diet. Instead have some healthy snack like a fruit at home. This reduces your intake on those fatty pastries and cakes.
- Stop yourself while eating before you get full.
- Do not overeat in stress.
Always remember that sticking to healthy eating habits will always give you long term success.
All the Best!