When it comes to eating for good health, choosing foods for heart health should be at the top of the list. The heart is the organ that literally keeps us going – delivering nutrients, oxygen and disease fighters throughout the body. Cardiovascular disease also happens to be the leading cause of death in the developing countries like ours.
There are several foods which can help give us a healthy heart and cardiovascular system – especially if they are chosen in their healthiest whole food forms. Instead of processed foods found on grocers’ shelves, choose fresh whole foods which you can eat with little or no processing and cooking. Certified organic whole foods are the best choice of all.
One of the heart healthy food which also is a perfect health package is Garlic.
Nature has gifted us lots of things to keep our self healthy. One of those gifts is Garlic. It is regarded as a miracle. Various researches have proved it that Garlic is good for health and with its heart healthy property it’s also is beneficial in curing various health problems.
- Acts as an antiseptic & helps in curing the wounds very quickly.
- One of the health benefits of garlic is that it helps in fighting against various infection & acts against inflammation and infection, including colds, coughs by adding a freshly cut raw clove to food three times a day .
- Is cancer preventive
- Fresh or cooked garlic helps in lowers down the blood pressure & cardiovascular problems. It increases the levels of high density lipoproteins & reduces harmful cholesterol in the blood & keeps arteries and heart healthy.
- It thins the blood, reduces clotting and helps in controlling blood pressure and poor circulation.
- Garlic stimulates the immune system of body & helps in fighting against various diseases.
- Prevents & relieves chronic bronchitis, respiratory problems, and catarrh.
- It acts as a nasal decongestant & expectorant.
- It is also helpful in oral asthma, hysteria, dropsy & scurvy.
- Garlic works as a cleanser of the digestive system, helps in curing flatulence, kills internal parasites and is an excellent internal antiseptic.
- Garlic appears to be safe during pregnancy and breast-feeding. In fact, two studies have shown that babies prefer breast milk better from mothers who regularly eat garlic.
It is recommended to take one or two small cloves of fresh and raw garlic daily for each & every person who wants to keep himself healthy. Howe ever over dose of garlic may cause stomach irritation, heartburn, or flatulence.